McKenna L. Cox
Se Habla Español
McKenna L. Cox graduated Magna cum Laude from Wofford College with a Bachelor’s degree in English, Spanish, and Latin American Studies. She holds a Master’s Degree in Romance Languages and Literature from UNC-Chapel Hill and is fluent in Spanish. McKenna received her J.D. from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2005 with a concentration in Advocacy.
McKenna has over a decade of experience in family law, domestic violence, mediation, powers of attorney, immigration, conservatorships, and litigation practice. She is a Rule 31 listed family mediator in the State of Tennessee. McKenna is also a graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy and the Catholic Charities CLINIC program for representation of victims of crime in immigration cases. She is member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the Federal Bar Association and its Immigration Law Section, the Tennessee Bar Association, the LGBT Bar Association, is the past Vice President and Pro Bono Coordinator of the Washington County Bar Association, sits on the Board of Legal Aid of East Tennessee, and is the chairwoman of the Lawyers Helping People pro bono program in Johnson City, TN.
McKenna has lived in Santiago, Chile and has travelled throughout Central and South America as well as Spain, the rest of Europe, parts of Asia, and most of North America.
McKenna’s legal assistant, Marsha Cox, can be reached at 423-434-4704.
- Family & Fiancé Immigration
- Naturalization & Citizenship
- DACA (Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals)
- Asylum & Withholding of Removal
- Unlawful Presence Waivers
- Student Visas
- U Visas and T Visas
- VAWA Visas
- Green Card Renewals
- Work Permits
- Adoptions: Same-sex, step-parent, new parent, surrogacy, and after fertility treatments
- Legal Separations
- Mediation (English and Spanish)
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Juvenile Issues
- Domestic Partnerships
- Parenting Plan Modification
- Orders of Protection (Domestic Violence)
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed Family Law Mediator
- Mediation available in English and Spanish
Elder law/ advance planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Powers of Attorney for Healthcare
- Living Wills & Advanced Care Directives
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Domestic Partnership Agreements